The Ultimate Alcohol Free Stag IdeasJanuary 25, 2016
Most stag dos follow the same pattern - Get to a couple of pre-drinks at home before hitting every bar you can think of and get wasted! But what good is going through the trouble of organising a stag do that no one will remember the next morning. Sure they're fun; getting wasted, waking up to find the groom missing, everyone hundreds of pound out of pocket and then stepping outside to find the groom strapped to a lamppost in his underwear! A surprising number of grooms are now choosing booze-free stag dos and if anyone has a problem with it, you should probably remind them; they're celebrating for the GROOM.
Stag Quick Nav
Get to a Gig
Deep Sea Fishing
Paintballing is one of those sports that you enjoy even during the pain of being shot. There's possibly no better bonding experience between the groom and the lads than shooting each other full of paint and hoping to hit that fluke shot that gets them right where it hurts! Paintballing has become extremely popular as a stag do idea so book in advance as they can be extremely busy places!
Not sure where to go? Well here are some of the UK's best places:
- Delta Force - Delta Force is one of the most used paintballing companies in the UK. Located all over the UK from Glasgow to Plymouth, there're not many places you can visit and not be in
rangeof a Delta Force! You can also connect with Delta Force on YouTube
- Force 10 - Another one of the biggest UK paintballing experiences! But with only 13 centers, you might be hard pressed to find one near you. Check them out on Facebook.
- SAS Paintball UK is 'the ultimate UK Paintball site'. They're the only paintball site within the UK offering a range of indoor, outdoor and woodland games. You can also follow them on Twitter
If paintballing doesn't take your fancy, then perhaps shooting a real gun, with live ammo might? Obviously, you can't shoot your friends, but perhaps you could print their picture off and go for that instead? Although pricey, shooting ranges offer professionals to help train you, so not only will it be a great day, you'll be well trained handling a weapon.
Some of the UK's best shooting ranges are below:
- Orion Firearms Training - 'The cutting edge of Rifle Training within the UK'. Whether you're a beginner, professional or part of the armed forces. Orion will work with you to train you handling a weapon and also teach you to fire effectively! Offering sniper course and more, this would be a great day out for those thrill seekers. Check out their Facebook for updates.
- WMS Firearms Training - Providing Rifle training, Shooting Training and Firearms Instructions to hunters, deerstalkers, professionals and even newbies. Run by Andrew Venables - Who has over 30 years of experience providing safe shooting training. You'll learn the basics and then some! You can find WMS's updates on Twitter.
- Bedfordshire County Rifle & Pistol Association - One of the premier multi-discipline shooting clubs in the UK. With a dedicated members force of over 300 members, compromising of all ages and genders. They offer indoor and outdoor ranges at a variety of distances so you can show off your skills as a professional or try it from close as a newbie. Also on Facebook, look out for their updates.
If shooting isn't your thing, then maybe some petrol fuelled action is! Jump on the quads and take a safari or even just fly around the track! Lots of companies offer various different activities and courses.
Some of the best Quad Biking sites in the UK:
- Ritec Valley Quad Bikes - 'The most established site in Wales', catering for ages 6 upwards, they offer track AND trail riding and have a huge 12KM of groomed trail route. And for those sitting out they even have free WiFi, so if anyone wimps out they can sit on Twitter while they wait. Be sure to check them out on Facebook!
- Mad Max Adventures - Mad Max has an extensive and exciting quad bike trail, winding its way around the Kirknewton Estate grounds. Being led by a trained instructor you know you'll be in safe hands and won't be getting yourself lost. Although quads can be hard to handle Mad Max have acquired some fairly easier-to-handle Yamaha Grizzly quads. Get involved with MadMax on YouTube or Twitter.
- Adventure Cheshire - Set in 200 acres of landscape and terrain, it's the perfect place to unleash a quad! Looking for pure fun and
excitmentthen try your hand at their Frodsham course.
Perhaps you're tired of all the adrenaline fuelled activities and would rather sit down with the lads and splash some cash at the casino. Enjoy a night of hitting it big on the blackjack table or perhaps poker and roulette are more your things, either way, the casino has everything to make or lose you money!
Here are some of the best walk-in casinos in the UK:
- Aspers Casino - Offering on-line and offline casino games, Aspers is one of the UK's leading casinos and is a great place to play if you're feeling lucky. But be sure to know your limit as many people know, not only can you make it big at the casino but you can also end up largely out of pocket! Follow them on Twitter to keep up to date with any new tournaments and upcoming events.
- Grosvenor Casino - The UK's biggest Casino brand. Dotted all over the UK, if there's a casino near you, then it's quite possibly a Grosvenor's, open 24/7 you're never too late. Also offering on-line and offline casino games, you can get the lads and head on down to your local and get involved with any one of the tournaments they offer.
- Manchester 235 - All about the Las Vegas glamour, dramatic design, style and even the excitement. 'Unlike anything else the city has to offer', Manchester 235 is open 24/7. Home of one of the biggest poker brands on the planet: World Series of Poker. Follow Manchester 235 on Twitter and keep updated with any new tournements they might be running!
Go To A Gig
A music gig is the best place for those wanting to drink and those sticking to the rules. Loud music, lots of people and the chance to meet a few famous people. You don't have to be drinking to enjoy a gig, just get there find your seat or grab any spot you can stand in and enjoy!
Some of the UK's best places to buy tickets are below:
- Ticketmaster - Ticketmaster is one of the largest and most used places to get your tickets, usually the go-to site for those looking to buy and sell tickets, Ticketmaster is normally the first site to start selling and the first to sell out! Not just offering gig tickets, Ticketmaster also offers everything from sports tickets to Family & Attraction tickets!
- Skiddle - Skiddle isn't as big as it's competitors but is still a huge place to get your tickets! Selling them for some of the biggest upcoming events like Leeds Festival, Reading Festival and even exit festival.
- GigsAndTours - The 'UK's leading promoters, SJM Concerts and Metropolis Music. With up-to-date music news and some of the UK's most prestigious music events including V Festival, SJM Concerts and Metropolis tours as well as some of the great talents that include The Stone Roses, Take That, Coldplay and many more!
For many people, horse/greyhound Racing has some of the most anticipated events of the year, with the Dubai World Cup, Royal Ascot, and the Grand National all bringing in huge crowds! So if the Casino isn't the place you'd like to put your bets, you can head down to the track instead! With multiple races and a great atmosphere, your fate is in your own hands (and slightly the horses hooves...)
Some of the best racing events are below:
- Dubai Worl Cup - One of the biggest races in the horse world is the Dubai World Cup, worth $30 million in prize money! With the first Dubai World Cup help back in 1996, you'll be seeing Dubai hosting it's 20th birthday (for the race) if you attend their next event on Saturday, 26th March 2016. SO if you and the lads fancy a trip halfway around the world to visit one of the biggest events in horse racing history then you know where to go!
- Towcester Racecourse - Towcester hosts both greyhound racing and horse racing, so offers the perfect mix. With a beautiful restaurant and VIP experience, you'd be silly to miss out on a great day out! You could also have your wedding at the beautiful Northamptonshire course!
- Royal Ascot - Royal Ascot is a hugely anticipated horse racing event! But Ascot is also a great day oput for those wishing to place a few bets, just enjoy the scene and even famalies with children! Ascot works closely with their local community, offering to charity, building parks on the Heath for children and even offering out their car parks to the community! So why not get the lads and offer something back, enjoy the views on offer and have a punt on the horses!
Nothing says day out like a theme park! With tons to choose from and many now starting to expand into the adult market, theme parks are a great day out! Grab a hotdog with the lads and see who's the most daring! This is a stag do anyone can attend, so you don't even have to leave the under 18's behind!
The top three theme parks in the UK are below:
- Alton Towers - Alton Towers offers lots for the thrill seekers and even offers a few lesser rides for those of you that don't quite man enough! With food and accommodation nearby, Alton Towers doesn't just have to be a day trip, why not stay the weekend?!
- Thorpe Park - Thorpe Park much like Alton Towers, with different rides and the soon to be open Derren Brown Ghost Train, using all that Derren knows about psychology and the mind to terrify you! Yet again, the option is yours, stay for a day or make it a full blown weekend experience!
- Drayton Manor - Drayton Manor has rides for all ages and for anyone wishing to have a full thrill or just a leisurely day out! The only problem with Drayton Manor is that unless you're visiting the children's rides, you have to book for the main season when the main attractions are open.
Zorb football, the newest trend sweeping the nation! It's essentially football but you're inside a giant bubble and you basically get to dive into people and knock them over! Many offering packages for students, stag parties and even hen parties! Get the stag off to a great start by bashing the groom around a 5-a-side football pitch for 60-minutes!
Three of the biggest Zorb football websites are below:
- Zorb Football - One of the most popular places to get your zorbing experience! Offering packages for hen and stag parties; offering champagne reception, customised stag T-Shirts, VIP nightclub and gentleman's lounge entry and even throw a referee you won't be able to take your eyes off in during the game. They're also flexible on price during booking and even have 4 centres - Manchester, Leeds, Preston and Peterborough.
- EXCEL Bubble Football - Another of the best places to get your Zorb football/bubble football. Offering 4 packages ranging from 1 hours game time to 5 hours game time (unfortunately, no eye-catching ref detailed) and no venue provided. But with centres all over the UK, they're possible the closest and easiest option!
- Power League - Known for their football, power league were always going to adopt the bubble football and they have! They don't just offer a bubble football game, Power League have added even more game types - Capture The Flag, Bubble Shootout, Last Man Standing, Bubble Bulldog, Demolition Derby and more!! With centres all over the UK as well and a larger variety of games, perhaps Power League is the place your
Deep Sea Fishing
Sometimes there's nothing better than getting away from everything with the lads, having a nice relaxing sit-down and fishing! The boys that want a proper stag can drink and end up over board but you can sit back and reel in the winnings, perhaps even wagering them you'll beat them - Knowing full well they'll end up drinking;
Some of the best deep sea fishing sites are below:
- Fish 'N' Trips - Offers an exciting activity suitable for everyone! No matter whether you're an experienced angler or a beginner from a family day out to hen or stag parties. with everything provided except yourself and suitable clothing. Trips of 3 1/2 hours, you'll have plenty of time to work the deep seas and even catch a few mackerel. Even allowing you to 'Cook Your Catch - C.Y.C.' back at the cafe!
- Grey Viking II - Specialises in deep sea fishing trips for groups wanting to charter a whole boat or even just the singular angler wanting to pay on a person by person basis. So if you're in Brighton and fancy the chill-out and catching with the lads, you know where to go!
- Newquay Fishing Trips - Offer a multitude of offers a number of trips and trip lengths, from 1/2 day wreck/reef fishing trips to full day shark fishing trips! It all depends on what tales your fancy! The longer shark trips are obviously more expensive but the thrill of having caught a shark is definitely worth it! So get the lads to gether split the price and catch some sharks? Or just go fish the reefs! Either way it calls for a great day out!